3. Carnival Spirit
The good bits: - Speciality restaurant is great. Best steak I have ever eaten! - Overall food is great with some shell fish almost every lunch/dinner - 2nd last show is the best you will see (Bourbon St) - Good sized rooms - Fantastic atmosphere with some amazing detail in the decorations, for a ship from 2001 it still looks fantastic! - Salt water pools - Excellent embarkation and debarkation processes - great crew, very informative - Comedians were decent but repetitive - Great shops with very good and helpful staff - No tips to give, unless you really want to, no pressure. The bad bits: - Crew can be a bit too informative (long presentations on debarkation for example) - Have to pay for room service - Way to many kids for our liking (800 I believe on our cruise!) - Entertainment was a bit "cruiser based" rather than "entertainer based". Lots of game show type activities rather than shows. - Expensive shore excursions ($65 for a bus that takes you to a beach and back again? Please!) - Few niggling issues like slamming doors next to the Serenity deck (not so serene if you get my gist) - Weak daily cocktail (needs more rum!) Overall we came away with a positive experience. Considering 2 people died on board, they had to change schedules due to a cyclone, and there were 2 major medical emergencies, the crew did a great job in keeping the show on the road. I would go again if the deal was good.

Carnival Spirit - Past the Australian teething stage?

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by vidospace

• Sail Date: November 2012
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Interior
The good bits:
- Speciality restaurant is great. Best steak I have ever eaten!
- Overall food is great with some shell fish almost every lunch/dinner
- 2nd last show is the best you will see (Bourbon St)
- Good sized rooms
- Salt water pools
- Excellent embarkation and debarkation processes
- great crew, very informative
- Comedians were decent but repetitive
- Great shops with very good and helpful staff
- No tips to give, unless you really want to, no pressure.

The bad bits:
- Have to pay for room service
- Way to many kids for our liking (800 I believe on our cruise!)
- Weak daily cocktail (needs more rum!)

I would go again if the deal was good.
vidospace’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

Interior
Cabin 4A 1161
Bathroom way bigger than Rhapsody. New flat screens, good TV choice with clear picture.
Excellent shower controls
Plenty of cupboard space.
Hard poor quality mattresses compared to Rhapsody (slept like a baby on those!)
Poor mini bar, which doesnt chill enough (was locked when we arrived, rather than being unlocked with the choice to lock)
Great safe (just swipe any magnetic card to lock and use the same card to unlock)
Very heavy doors (would crush your hands if not careful)
Nice light controls next to the bed to avoid stumbling around in the dark.
We had a major vibration through our bed which I believe was the washing machines running, not sure though.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins