• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

ali425
First Time Cruiser

Sail Date: May 2005
Cabin:

I just got back from my first cruise with Royal Caribbean. I have cruised before on Celebrity, Carnival, and American Hawaiian cruise lines. Overall, my experience with RC was positive and I would go on another cruise with them.

Embarkation: Very easy, no lines at all (we checked in around 12:30 and boarded the ship a little after 1). The port was easy to get to and there was parking available for a set rate of around $100 for the 9 days.

Cabins: I stayed in an interior stateroom which was smaller than others I have stayed in on other ships. It was very clean and the beds were fairly comfortable. My parents stayed in a balcony stateroom which was the exact same size as my cabin, but with a large balcony, which was nice, but if you are trying to save money its probably not worth the extra. When you arrive there are two beach towels in your cabin, it is your responsibility to exchange your towels at the pool and keep them all week. You are only allowed one towel per person for the whole week. This was the first time I have seen a ship do this, and I was a little disappointed that I could not just get my towels at the pool each morning. Also, on port days the laundry gets backed up so there are no clean beach towels until the next day.

Cabin int