3. Island Escape
Four days before we were due to sail our prebooked shore excursion was cancelled, we were advised by HO to contact Shore Excursions on arrival on board, we were shrugged away and told to contact HO on our return. As a less able ( not disabled) this excursion was the only excursion we felt was suitable for our needs. Apart from a cream tea 1.5 hour trip for �£30, being as we could get a cream tea on-board everyday there seemed little point, the other trip was a boat trip to see dolphins , when the ship was followed by dolphins out from Gibraltar there again seemed little point. Thomsons say because the shore excursions are "optional" it is not part of their cruise contract. We complained on our first day as we had no hot water and the air conditioning was very noisy, during this compalint we were interrupted by a lady who had raw sewage coming up her shower there was an large influx of people queueing up to complain about strong sewage smells coming from their cabins, so at that point we hurriedly left our complaint and left the staff to deal with the others. Thomsons were adised of the state of the cabin en-suite and shown photographs of it, they state it was in quite acceptable condtion I have posted photographs on this site, they have no plans to refurbish, . After almost six months of trying to get straight answers and repeatedly reasking questions I received a response to say they had nothing further to add and would have no further communcication with me. Do not under any circumstances go on this ship. The staff were obviously very embarrased at these conditions and I do feel Thomsons are taking advantage of the wonderful staff, but, with the best will in the world, " You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear" If you want to know any more , please do not hesitate to contact me.

Bitterly disappointed at the treatment from Thomsons

Island Escape Cruise Review by caistergirl

If you want to know any more , please do not hesitate to contact me.
caistergirl’s Full Rating Summary