Carnival Breeze - Westbound Transatlantic: Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by tmaenpaa
Overall Member Rating
Carnival Breeze - Westbound Transatlantic
On the positive side:
- With this ship's layout, I really appreciated the two separate pool areas. The aft pool provided peace and solitude while the mid-pool still provided the typical loud music and directed activities usually associated with Carnival.
- The "Your Time Dining" was very convenient. The service was generally very good and the food was usually above average.
- The crossing was very calm and warm. I'm thinking a southern latitude transatlantic route during late-November is preferable More to a more northerly crossing.
On the negative side:
- During cruises, I enjoy frequenting the steam room. Unfortunately on the Breeze, the use of the steam room requires purchase of a spa package. The cost quoted at the beginning of the cruise was $249.
- The entertainment was lacking and a real disappointment. The reliance on background animation in the stage productions was tiring and repetitive. In fact, I had a hard time discerning what audio was prerecorded versus live. Also, there was only one band (Eddie C & The Cool Breeze Band). Unfortunately they appeared to disembark at Antigua (with four days left). There also were two guitar players; however, I didn't consider them very good. A big disappointment was that only nine of the fifteen days had comedian shows. What kept the evening lively was the piano bar with Ron Pass.
In conclusion even with the negatives, I might again consider the Breeze for a shorter cruise duration or if Carnival addresses the entertainment shortcomings. Less
In a word . . . "Disappointing...
Good, but not great, family cr...
Mom's 70th Birthday Cruise a S...