3. Freedom of the Seas
I felt obligated to write a review after using this site to assist 2 first time cruisers in our cruise decision makings. Embarkment - have all your paperwork ready and it is fast and effortless, room was ready when promised. Ship- Beautiful with lots of character, but keeping the need for efficiency. Dining- Meant to but never went to any of the pay dining options heard nothing but positive things from all. Had 2ND seating dining at MDR for dining, went every night where we were seated with two other couples whose company we enjoyed. Food was very good to excellent. Went to the Windjammer/Jade buffet for lunch and breakfast. Quality was constantly above normal buffet expectations and lunch menu had a wide variety and new things everyday. Got snacks at the pizza place Sarrentos (which also has salads,calzones,deserts etc...) a couple times which was also good and very quick. Service - Our Stewart, waiter and assistant waiter were top notch, in general customer service was above average though there were a few employees who could use a little work in that area. Cabin - Had an oceanview cabin - rooms are just large enough to sleep in, get ready to go somewhere or kick back for a shortime. Has a nice tv and a well lit vanity area for the ladies to get ready. Room had it's own room temp control and the mattress on bed was very comfortable. Bathroom and shower area are very small. The Shower always had plenty of hot water and the water pressure was surprisingly strong. Entertainment - The talent was better than I expected at the shows, the headliners they had were both very good and on previous reviews I kept reading that people enjoyed the ice show - GO SEE THE ICESHOW. What I liked - overall the versatlity of things to do, customer service and food quality. What I did not like - Got offered pretty aggressively to buy 8.50 drinks the second we got aboard and they needed to show the 3D movies more than they did ie The Avengers showed once at 7 pm for the whole cruise.

Felt obligated.....

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Thomasp10

• Sail Date: October 2012
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview Stateroom

Ship- Beautiful with lots of character, but keeping the need for efficiency.

Thomasp10’s Full Rating Summary