• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Voyager of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
1 Award

There were saws and hammers on my cruise

Review for Voyager of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
pk2826
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Dec 2011
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

Cruise date 3 December 2011 out of New Orleans, LA. This was not a delightful cruise.

Before the cruise Royal Caribbean, after I paid for my cruise, and the best price guarantee expired RCI dropped the price of my cabin. They were cold and did nothing about it. A ship credit would have saved face in this situation. RCI should reward people who book and pay in advance. After all they are using the money before they earn it.

Upon arrival to the port the baggage agents tried to refuse luggage to go on the ship unless you paid a bribe. I talked with a supervisor and solved this problem. At check in desk where you get sea passes, RCI staff did not have the queue situated for people to go in an orderly fashion. There was a long desk with agents and you had to just push and shove to get checked in. I also think some training needs to be done about government forms that must be done for travel. The agent that helped us did not even know that for I-94 was (it is an immigration form). Luckily the Immigration officer upon return took care of the matter since the form was not processed properly by RCI.

Interior Stateroom

Port Reviews

Falmouth

The people were friendly and the place I happened upon served up fresh lobster for US$15.00

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

You see the caves where pirates hid treasure long ago. Take the local bus for US$2.50 per person

Find a Voyager of the Seas Cruise from $233