Carnival Breeze Cruise Review

My worst cruise ever!

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by latundan

• Sail Date: Oct 2012
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean

I chose this cruise because of the line up of itinerary! a very good line up of ports plus a new ship sounds like a perfect cruise for us. The last cruise I took from Carnival was with Ecstasy and I was not happy but I thought that was just a fluke. I did two other cruise with Carnival in the 90s and was happy with them. My last 2 cruises was with Oasis of the Seas and Liberty of the seas and very happy with both. Royal Caribbean should be called the fun ship, really. The food on this ship was a hit or miss but mostly missed! My husband who is not really picky noticed that their scrambled egg during breakfast taste like powdered egg. I also think that their cakes are powdered, not good at all. I normally gain so much weight after a cruise but not this time. This is more cafeteria food and even in the main dining room, there's not much to choose from. The entertainment is lacking variety. On the days that they cancelled ports, the only entertainment was trivia after trivia after trivia! they did not even give us free movie! you need to pay $10.99 for a new movie. Royal Caribbean always have free new movies in your cabin. so if you do not do trivia, there's nothing for you to do. I was mostly disappointed that they did not replace the ports that was cancelled. there were other ports close by that would have replace our cancelled ports and seems Carnival did not make any effort and the communications very bad. Had I known we're only going on 5 ports I would have chosen a different cruise. I did not enjoy being on ship day after day and there's nothing to do but trivia! what a joke!

I thought the breeze will be a big ship but pretty much they used the space as cabins instead of public area. so the ship seems small for me for the tonnage. Carnival just gone done very much in quality. Our dining room staff as well as our room staff did a wonderful job. The other staff selling jewelry and photo staff were rude.

Over all we enjoyed our tours but the cruise itself were nothing compare to our cruises with other company. Like other people on this cruise, this is also our last carnival cruise.

latundan's Full Rating Summary