My husband and I took our two children on the 14 day voyage to Hawaii. After reading all the negative comments about the Zaandam I was greatly relieved by the wonderful experience we had. The ship is well used but is charming. I did not find it disgusting I found it well used. The staff was amazing and constantly cleaning or repairing things. My only critique would be at that time the allowance of smoking in the staterooms. I believe that policy is now changed. It was an adjustment to get over the smell of smoke but after 14 days we were fine! This was by far the best dining experience we have had on any of our cruises. The food was very good. The Pinnacle Grill was fantastic and a great treat for me and the Hubby without the kids. The older group of passengers was relaxing and very friendly. This is not one of the "fun ships". This cruise is really about relaxing. We did not have to deal with one drunk belligerent person on this cruise and that was very nice. We are are younger and we love Holland America. We are looking forward to our next cruise with them soon. I would recommend this for anyone wanting to cross the Pacific, see the beautiful Hawaiian Islands, and just have some real peace and quite. It was great.

Wonderful experience for all!

Zaandam Cruise Review by socal mommy