• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

2-5 Cruises • Age 80s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2012
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom

My lady friend having had a cruise on a European river before Viking Odin sounded like a terrific chance to have holiday in a floating river hotel. No such luck, probably the worst holiday I and many of the other passengers to whom we bcame friends felt the same way.

The staff were terrific except for the cruise director who would have been better off on a club 18-30 trip. A very condescending attitude towards us Senior Citizens who had probably traveled half the world before he was born.

Activities were non existent, no space and the interminable time cruising especially through locks was extremely boring. For the first four days we were not allowed to use the upper deck for fear we would be decapitated by bridges confined to the main lounge with a book to read could have done that at home.

Deluxe Stateroom

Cabin e

Cabin atrocious, the smallest space I have ever had to pay for for two people. One small port hole at water level when tied up you invariable had no daylight because sister ships were tied up alongside and completely block he port hole. The "bathroom" and I use the term loosely was so small my shoulders would not fit into the shower full on I had to turn sideways as I have already stated I had to leave the place to dry myself. Barely room for two people to dress without waiting for one to finish first. I am fairly normal in size so is my Lady it should certainly have a warning for obese people that accommodations are of a small nature.

Port Reviews

Hamburg

Boarding port just time for a quick walk in the evening before dinner so cannot comment to any great extent.

Prague

Once again time was so short just time for a quick walk ashore and a beer at a cafe with my Lady doing a bit of shopping.

1 Helpful Vote