• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Grandeur of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
46 Awards

Perfect Trip to see this part of the world

Review for Grandeur of the Seas to the Western Mediterranean
PHWoman
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: May 2012
Cabin: Interior Stateroom
Traveled with children

Before the Cruise we stayed in a nice hotel in Barcelona, we searched Trip Advisor for the best locations/price. Any hotel on La's Rambles will be great and offered my son (13) and I (47), a great place to walk,people watch and eat. We purchased a double Decker bus ticket(On and off type for the entire day), from a vendor on La's Rambles. We had the best meal of our entire trip at a small restaurant on this strip (I wish I could remember the name, sorry).

Embarkation was very smooth, at most 15 minutes. I was fearful handing over our passports for the cruise line to hold but it truly was necessary due to the number of ports being visited (to my son's dismay France and Greece are not stamped on our passports).

We had an inside stateroom which was extremely clean,the cleanest I have ever had on a ship....I am a clean freak and have cruised several lines before.We had ordered water and juice as well as a surprise cake for my son-all of which were waiting for us.The room was mid ship and very quiet/little rocking or ship type movements were noted Our Attendant was very kind and courteous, provided anything we needed.

Interior Stateroom

Cabin Q

8525 inside cabin- good closet space and under beds our suit cases fit fine. Quiet, little rocking due to position on ship. excellent service by attendant.

Port Reviews

Barcelona

This city is beautiful. La's Ram bas was a fun experience which gave us a good opportunity to people watch,and eat some of the best food of our trip. We took a double Decker bus tour (entire day ticket), which provided ear phones and a general tour of city highlights with stops if you wanted to visit that space. The bus ran the entire day and into the evening. Well worth the money of 27 euros each.

Florence (Livorno)

Used share a tour, for less than half the cruise line wanted to charge. The tour was magnificent. Please do yourself a favor and review this option for yourselves. I can't say enough good things about this.

Sorrento

This again was through share a tour. Spectacular and went places tour buses cant take you. Magnificent!!!! most beautiful places I have ever seen..thank you Share a tour.

Venice

This was our disembarkation port. Once your off the ship- make sure you know where your going. Investigate before you leave home. Luckily, we were staying at a hotel on St. Marc's Square and this was a stop of the water bus and marked on signs. Most of our new ship friends were lost as to how to get to their respective hotels. There are no taxis waiting just several different ramps which go to ticket offices...with long lines..confusing. Beautiful city, Doge's palace was incredible and the history amazing. Warning: you can get special tours online only for the palace, but you must do this months in advance. We wanted to tour the secret passage ways of the palace- but were not able to because of the advance ticket purchase required.

Find a Grandeur of the Seas Cruise from $279