3. Explorer of the Seas
We had been on the same ship 3 weeks prior with our daughter and family. Went along to enjoy the company of our 4 grand kids. We had a wonderful week both times. Weather for both trips was pretty much perfect. The week of 10/14-10/21 was just my husband & me & 2 good friends. Pleasantly surprised that the new menu went into effect on the second trip. So we didn't have a repeat of the same food. That week all the head chefs & creators of the menu were there, so WOW! amazing stuff. We all had the escargot every night! I also enjoyed very much that there were icons on the menu to inform as to gluten free items. Which quite a few of them were! SO NICE when you have Gluten sensitivity as I do. Thank you RCCL! We did Anytime dining at 7:30, and had the same beautiful table by the window with Desmond every night. Wonderful dining experience. Mario in the Concierge Lounge is truly one of the best Concierges we have ever had. Very nice and accommodating. We were happily upgraded to a JSuite, which was a nice perk. Being Diamond Plus Members, we were used to embarking the ship before everyone else. One of RCCL's staff informed us that "That no longer applied". So we were told to join the large group and given a number to wait our turn. Even though we should have embarked earlier because of the Suite. We didn't make a big deal of it, because our friends had to wait to get on so we just waited together.Overall had a great week.

Exceptional week/new menu/smoooth sailing

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by shallwecruise

• Sail Date: October 2012
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

We were happily upgraded to a JSuite, which was a nice perk.

shallwecruise’s Full Rating Summary

• King's Wharf
    King's Wharf is located at the most extreme end of the island. We used Taxi's to get around which is extremely expensive. The second week we rented a moped and got around that way, But it takes a long time to get to the beaches, Hamilton, St.Georges, etc. Mopeding is not recommended,but we have done it for years & grown accustomed to the roads.
    They have built up King's Wharf area, but it is not really why you go to Bermuda. Shopping there it terrible. Snorkel Beach is not a good experience. Lots of litter. I think much of the crew goes there at night for the "club experience" from what I was told.
    Stores that are in Hamilton have a small (poor) representation at the shopping mall there. You only go to King's Wharf if you want to cruise to Bermuda. I would not go there for any other reason.
    View All 764 King's Wharf Cruise Port Reviews