• Newsletter

HenanSan
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2012
Cabin: Balcony (obstructed views)

From the beginning I did not know what to expect. First, the PVP at Carnival tried to get me to switch to another ship out of MIA going to the same ports saying it would be nicer, but since we had never been to Tampa I stuck with my first choice (but I wondered if she knew something I needed to know).

Second, several reviews were not too flattering of the ship and/or service but since we have been on so many cruises I felt that no matter how bad the ship turned out to be, we could adjust and if the food was terrible it was only 7 nites and I could do Pizza and hamburgers for a week if need be.

Third, the very first encounter we had was on the Lido deck with the Steakhouse rep who totally ignored our table when soliciting people to make reservations. Little did he know we had reservations for that night that were made months prior to this sailing. This did not sit well with us so we cancelled the steakhouse reservations feeling if he did not feel the need to ask us if we wanted to make reservations then we did not feel they needed our money. This guy actually went to every table around us but skipped right past us. What is that about. But again maybe he knew something we needed to know. So the tone was set. Or so I thought.

Balcony (obstructed views)

Cabin 7A

Cabin 5181 is Obstructive View Balcony. However the room size is the standard room and the balcony is a good value. Your view is not obstructed if you are looking straight our or sitting down looking out. However, you can not see straight down because there is a lifeboat at your feet. There are the 3 closets and this room does not allow you to hand that over the door organizer many people pack. The bathroom has 3 shelves on both sides of the mirror so you really do not need the organizer for your personal items. The location was quiet (at least on this cruise).

1 Helpful Vote