Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by frank1001
- Sail Date: September 2012
- Destination: Australia & New Zealand
- Cabin Type: Large Ocean View Stateroom
1. Extreme vibration at times, which was not there when we sailed on the Rhapsody previously.
2. We bought 2 soft drink packages, but had a lot of trouble getting served when in the bars, or the theatre. Waiters would take our order, and place a napkin on the table, and at times we would then be forgotten about as we would see them serving other people who were signing for their drinks, to which a gratuity is added.
3. Reports from passengers who were on from Seattle, that once we left Honolulu, prices increased between 30 and 60% on some things purchased on board. When the question why was asked at the Captains question hour, the excuse was given that it was due to Australia having a tax on stuff. Then the answer was changed to they only follow what the head office tells them to do. We had not even got to Australian waters for gosh sake, but a lot of Aussies did board in Honolulu. Maybe we are just mugs.
4. Theatre entertainment was medicore, with only about 4 nights that I did not have to force myself to sit through to the end.No good advertising a C & W night, featuring Patsy Cline songs, and only singing part of one of her songs, then another by Tammy Wynette, and the rest being unrecognisable to me.
On the upside, the cabin attendant was excellent, our table waiters terrific, the food excellent, both in the dining room and the Windjammer.
The entertainment outside the theatre was pretty good, with Derek Lewis in the Schooner Bar being terrific. The dance music in the Centrum was not too bad, but it was plain to see that once they started playing some 60's and 70's music, the dance floor filled up immediately. A lesson there.
- Read more Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas Review