• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Karen1969
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Oct 2012
Cabin:

My partner, her mom, and three of her mom's friends sailed from Boston to Montreal. This was our second cruise on the Symphony and their first.

SHIP: The ship was in fantastic shape. Even as we were sailing, the carpet was being replaced as they continue to update the ship. We found our rooms to be comfortable and updated, and the public areas were beautiful. The only crowding was at the lunch buffet, were we had difficulty finding a seat...especially for 6. But I believe this was due to the cold weather, as passengers could not comfortably sit in the Trident area and were all forced into the Lido.

FOOD: We found that the quality of food was again fantastic! As proven by the 5, yes 5 pounds that I gained! One thing I love to do on the Symphony is try new things, such as the Asian breakfast. I know that the quality of the food will be good so I'm not afraid of what I might get! We have been reading that service may be lacking since going all-inclusive and I can say that we found it to be the exact opposite! In particular, folks have been saying that the wine/cocktail service in dinner is slow, and I can tell you that for us it was not. And not only were drinks served fast, but our waiters remembered our drink preferences and had them almost immediately after we sat for dinner. Both speciality restaurants were fantastic, though I have a preference for Silk Road.

Cabin B

The cabin was very comfortable and has been updated. The size is a good bit smaller than on the other cruise lines we've sailed, but we knew this. The bath is very nice with plenty of storage and a fantastic shower! The room has an extra hair dryer, refrig, flat screen TV, umbrella, verandah with table and two chairs, nice size closet and plenty of drawers for stuff. You should bring an extension cord as there is only one 110 plug at the desk.

Port Reviews

Boston

The Boston area is great. We walked the Freedom trail and had a great meal in Chinatown. The port itself was terrible! They made us wait outside in the rain until some supervisor said it was OK to let us in. And its just a large spade with folding chairs and port-o-lets.

Halifax

We didn't care for this port as it didn't seem like much. We did a lot of riding on a bus to see the titanic grave site.

Quebec City

This is a really cute area with some unique shopping options. We enjoyed walking the old town.

Find a Crystal Symphony Cruise from $1,999