• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2012
Cabin: Interior

My husband and I have been on 14 cruises together. One with Disney, one with Princess, three with Carnival, and the rest with Royal Caribbean. We sailed on the Elation in 2007 and back then I said I did not want to sail with Carnival again. However, at $219 a person it was hard to pass this one up. After this cruise, I am sticking with RCCL for the following reasons:

*No sail away party. On RCCL the day you sail the entire activities staff is on deck doing the electric slide, curly shuffle, and other dances. It is one of the things I really look forward to. On Carnival there was a 2-man band playing - that's it. How that's a "Fun Ship" I am not sure.

*There weren't that many interesting activities during the day and the ones they did have poorly scheduled. RCCl has a lot of fun activities scheduled at better times.

Interior

Cabin 4A

Cabin R3. Smelled like smoke, toilet smelled like sewer, noisy on embarkation and debarkation, lots of room but no night stands or couch.

previous reviewnext review