3. Sapphire Princess
This was our 2nd Princess Cruise and we really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure I would like a larger ship since our 1st cruise was on the Coral. I soon found out how wrong I was. The food, service, and amenities were all excellent. Our cabin steward was always friendly and efficient along with the rest of the staff. We had a BC guaranteed cabin and ended up with A701. While it wasn't terrible I would not book this room again. Noise could be heard occasionally from the deck above as chairs were moved around. On the flip side it was convenient to be only 1 deck below the Horizon Court. We usually ate breakfast in the International Cafe, lunch at the buffet or Grill, and dinner in the International Dining room. We had late traditional dining and it worked out well with a port heavy itinerary. We never had to rush to dinner after returning to the ship. With few exceptions the food was excellent. We purchased both coffee and soda cards and got plenty of use out of both. The ports were enjoyable with our favorites being San Francisco and San Diego. We didn't sign up for any of the ship's excursions, it was easy enough to walk off the ship and find plenty to do. We also lucked out with warm but not hot weather. We spent a lot of time in the Lotus adult pool and hot tubes. Not many people use it and many times we had it to ourselves. The ship's entertainment was its one shortcoming. The production shows were not that impressive. The casino was closed much of time due to the ship being in port. Skywalker's could be fun but it was hard to get the DJ to play music people our age could dance to. I did enjoy MUTS and saw The Avengers, MIB 3, and Big Miracle. Disembarkment went smoothly. We choose to walk off with our luggage and was at LAX by 9:00am. I'm looking forward for sailing on the Sapphire again and have already booked a Hawaiian cruise for 2014.

California Coastal

BigRed06212011’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin BC A701
A701 - Could be noisy at times. Noise from chairs being moved around could be heard throughout the day or night. Convenient to be only 1 deck below the Horizon Court.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins