• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

abridalmaven
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Apr 2005
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

I guess I have been back long enough to do a review of the Panama Canal trip on the Serenade. I am sorry to disappoint the whiners, but I have NOTHING to complain about except whiners and things caused by others, not the cruise line! Like the HEAT! I know I will get blasted, but since I can not stand whiners and nit pickers, I will ignore them anyhow.

We already been on The Radiance so was well versed on this type of ship, which we love. The ship was perfect and the food was great, we also ate at Chops and Portofino's and the service and food was outstanding. But the dining room and our servers were also. It amazed me that they kept the menu fresh and interesting for 2 weeks. We had a balcony cabin on the hump, and it was plenty roomy and comfortable.

St. Thomas was nice as usual, Aruba, not a favorite of mine. I will never go back for a week.. too boring and the island too hot and dusty for me, I am not the lazy type who gets thrilled by sleeping on a beach inviting skin cancer ( if I wanted to do that beaches on LI are just as nice). I do like going in the water so we did a catamaran tour and in the evening met friends (who were staying on the island) for dinner at the Paddock, the food was good there also.

Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony