• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

daisybug72
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Oct 2012
Cabin: Balcony

My husband booked a Carnival Cruise on the Destiny as a surprise for my fortieth birthday, so I didn't have a chance to research the ship extensively.

Upon arriving at the port in Miami, we stood in line and got through security quickly. The staff were efficient and friendly. We had brought a case of water which was pulled aside for a 'water check' which consisted of them taking several bottles out and shaking them.

We went with my sister and brother in law. When we checked in separately to get our Sail & Sign cards, we got a map of the ship - they did not. The wait on the gang way to get onto the boat was the worst - it was very hot and stuffy, and the smell was horrible. Luckily it went quickly, and we got on. Our rooms were not supposed to be ready, so we sat and had a drink, then went to our room. It was a balcony room and was more spacious than I expected. It was dated but clean, and the bed was very comfy.

Balcony

Cabin 8A

Great view and very quiet area of the ship. Disappointed that soap was not replenished. Towel animals were fun although we know in other areas of the ship, they got eyes on the towel animals - eyes are fun. :)

Lots of storage space. Staff filled our ice bucket (which had one drink in it) without being asked on several days which was very thoughtful and appreciated. beach towels replaced after use. Outside light didn't work. We only realized this halfway through our trip and didn't bother to ask them to fix it.

All in all very happy with the room.

Port Reviews

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

Beautiful beautiful beautiful. We went to a local beach and spent the day. Cab drivers were friendly and we felt safe.

previous reviewnext review