3. Explorer of the Seas
Overall the cruise experience was very good. The ship despite its age was in rather good repair but did show signs of wear. I think, in general, there has been a steady decline in the quality of service by the room attendants and wait staff. But still remained acceptable. I thought the pool staff was better than most. The food was generally acceptable in the dinning rooms but the charging for food at Johnny Rockets was a bit petty.

The big ship offers much to families and on one's first encounter. However, after being on the NOS and the VOS on previous cruises there was a diminishing of returns.

My only real complaint was the debarkation in Miami. This was the second time in a row that the boarding was held up due to "US Customs Inspection". It was a tedious boarding process.

This trip was a last minute decision and we got what we expected, no more nor no less.

Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean