3. Jewel of the Seas
This is our 6th cruise, 5th with Royal Caribbean. Let's discuss the ship as well as the ports we stopped at. BOSTON: If you have a chance, we suggest that you come early to Boston and explored this great city before boarding the ship. Highlights that my husband and I experienced were The Freedom Trail, Harvard, seeing beautiful architecture, going to the "Cheers" bar and wonderful dining experiences. One place you need to get a scone is Mike's Pastry. Plan on waiting in line as both locals and tourists know to go here. OUR FAVORITE PORT: This is easy...Bar Harbor, Maine. It is such a quaint, beautiful town right on the coast. You can easily explore most of it on foot, which we prefer. There is shopping, many restaurants or if relaxing is more your speed, they have a coastline and a beautiful park where you may sit and relax. THE JEWEL OF THE SEAS: All of our cruises thus far have been on the smaller ships. Jewel of the Seas is a perfect size for us. It is large enough to offer many onboard activities yet small enough, you can find a quiet space to enjoy a cocktail and visit with your "new" friends you meet on the ship. My husband and I usually get balcony rooms. We choose this option because we like to sit on our balcony drinking coffee, reading a book, enjoying the view, etc. Actually, on this cruise, we often left our balcony door open while cruising at night to "hear" the ocean. We hope you enjoy your first or next cruise! We already have ours planned.

Great Cruise on a Gorgeous Ship

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by kandj05

• Sail Date: October 2012
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

BOSTON:

OUR FAVORITE PORT:

THE JEWEL OF THE SEAS:

We hope you enjoy your first or next cruise! We already have ours planned.
kandj05’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D2 1574
We were in room 5174 on deck 10. I like the D2 class of balcony rooms since it is a little bit bigger. The closets were much bigger than the other ships we have experienced...Thank You. One request would be to make the D2 bathrooms about 1-2 foot larger. Loved the Jewel of the Seas rooms!!
Deck 11 Balcony Cabins