• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

IndyCruiser777
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2011
Cabin: Spa Interior

My wife and I simply love to cruise together. It is amazing how well we travel together when we cruise - and, for us, it is the absolute best way for us both to leave our work behind and escape into each other's company, making romantic memories that will last for the rest of our lives, having plenty of time alone as well as an abundance of time together.

She has cruised several cruise lines dating back to before we were married; I have only cruised Carnival, starting with our honeymoon 9 years ago ... and now that we've been Platinum for a while, I personally see no reason to switch ... except for that occasional trip when we may be looking for a specific itinerary that Carnival does not offer.

In 2011 we booked a Spa Package room on the inaugural voyage of the Magic, and we absolutely loved it!! We spent a couple days in Venice (actually Lido Island, which was extremely cool ... no canals there, which allowed me to jog as much as I wanted which would be difficult in Venice proper ... but it is just a quick water bus ride from Venice itself ... and we discovered tuna pizza in one of Lido's quaint outdoor cafes) ... so we were well into the romantic mood before setting sail.

Spa Interior

Cabin 4S

11207, 11208, 12207, 12208 - unless you are handicapped traveling single - AVOID THESE ROOMS. The deck plan leads you to believe that these are the same as the side interior Spa cabins ... NOT. Tiny, no closet space - not enough for one person for 6+ nights ... cannot have a reading light on both sides of a double bed set up ... only room for one side. These are often the last Spa Cabins available - think twice! We love this ship, but not room 11207! No way! We have stayed in a Spa cabin on the side ... plenty of room. But these are in the front and are square instead on the normal deep rectangular design ... they should come with a serious disclaimer. No doubt they would be fine, but cramped as a single handicap room ... but they are a terrible substitute for a normal interior double.

Find a Carnival Magic Cruise from $289