• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Review for Carnival Miracle to the Southern Caribbean
Mrsdstewart
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Sep 2012
Cabin: Balcony (obstructed views)

My husband and I went on this cruise to celebrate our 2nd wedding anniversary. For our honeymoon we cruised on NCL and last year, to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary we cruised on Royal Caribbean. So this year we decided to try Carnival.

And as the addagag goes "You sure do get what you pay for", it was sure proven here. We're glad that we had a suite with a balcony because at least it made the room nice to come back to. However, when we first got to our room my husband looked around and it looked like it hadn't been dusted in days.

Embarkation was not a problem. Liked that the ship left from NY and that made it easy for us since we live there. Disembarkation, we didn't do the self-assist, we didn't get of the ship until 9:30 a.m. and then trying to get a cab was a joke (that was not very well organized by the port staff). Next cruise, regardless of who we cruise with, we will definitely stick to the self-assist option.

Balcony (obstructed views)

We had a suite with an obstructed view (top side of the emergency boats). Though not that bad, next I will reserve a balcony suite without the obstructed view.

Port Reviews

San Juan

The excursion that we went was very interesting, alot of walking. Just wish we had more time so that we could explore the Fort. Dinner on the island was great, and considering the quality of food we were offered on the Carnival Miracle, it was the highlight of the day.

St. Thomas

Grand Turk

We decided to spend the day right where the shipped docked. I remembered from a previous cruise that there was a Margaritaville there with a huge pool, restaurant and beach. It was relaxing, but next time I think we'll take a cab to one of the other nicer beaches.

2 Helpful Votes