• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Rob1eddy
First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Sail Date: Sep 2012
Cabin: Oceanview Picture Window

We are well traveled seniors. This was our first cruise because I always thought I would not like cruising. Would there be crowds and long lines, would I be bored? Norwegian's Freestyle seemed very appealing to me coupled with a great itinerary made this trip very appealing.

Embarkation: I wanted to arrive early because I did not know what to expect and was prepared for a long wait. Thirty two minutes after getting out of the taxi, we were sitting at a table in the MDR. Yes, way less waiting than expected.

Dining: We chose to eat at most of the venues during our two weeks on board. Overall we were impressed. II Adagio was our least favorite restaurant and East Meets West was our favorite. Most meals were eaten in the Seven Seas. I thought the Seven Seas was quite good. The menu can get stale on a cruise of two weeks so I ate the nightly specials most of the time. The food at the buffets was good but I tend to avoid those because of chaotic lines.

Oceanview Picture Window

Cabin OC

On this cruise, the room and hallway were quiet. The kids area was just down the hall so probably not so quiet on a cruise with families.

Port Reviews

Bergen

We expected bad weather during this cruise and we got our worst weather here. We did go to a museum to get out of the rain. I wanted to ride the funicular but the lines were long. So, we got on the bus and rode out to the cable car. It goes twice as high as the funicular and offers really great views. Yes, it did sleet while we were there.

Find a Norwegian Sun Cruise from $489