Just returned from our 7 day adventure on the Maasdam. Picked the ship up in Montreal after doing our own two day pre visit. The embarkation went very smoothly but didn't arrive till 3 pm so most passengers were already aboard. We were very satisfied with our stateroom as well as our two stateroom stewards. They were very friendly and very accommodating (we aren't demanding people.) We decided to do open seating which worked well, some evenings we ate alone but that was fine by us. We ate most breakfasts in our room because we like the peace and quiet. I find the Lido a bit hectic sometimes. Thought the shows were very good except for one night. We enjoyed the piano bar "Barry from Boston" every night we was terrific as well as the dancing. The exercise equipment was also very good. The Maasdam is a old ship so you don't have all the people sitting in the Atrium like you do others but it certainly met our needs and we would sail on her again. I think some of the tours were quite pricey (Halifax) but you don't have to do them or do your own. The Maritime Museum in Halifax was very good. I would give the entire trip ***. The worst part of the trip was the TSA at Boston Airport they were the worst I have every encountered but that has nothing to do with Holland America :)

Canada/ New England

Maasdam Cruise Review by leisurelifestyle

• Sail Date: September 2012
  • Destination: Canada & New England
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean-View Stateroom
The exercise equipment was also very good.
leisurelifestyle’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Holland America Maasdam price drops

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin EE 391
Our cabin # was 391 I think we were below the galley because around 11PM we could hear tables & chairs or something being pushed across the floor. This didn't bother our sleep because we were up late-reading for just coming back to our cabin. If people turn in early I can see where it would be annoying or could even wake you from you sleep.
Lower Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins