3. Viking Prestige
We returned a few weeks ago from our first River Cruise. I was a bit apprehensive as Viking seemed to be taking a bit of a beating on the boards. I don't know what cruise line the complainers cruised on but it certainly wasn't the one we were on. We have cruised many times on a number of Ocean cruise lines. This was different but equally enjoyable. The beds were extremely comfortable and the cabins were lovely and spotless. We arrived with a bouquet of flowers in my arms which were whisked away and appeared later in a vase in our room. Bathroom was compact but very handy and the shower was a good size. The hair dyer, unlike on ocean cruises, was terrific. We enjoyed the food a great deal. It takes a few days to realize you can order from the kitchen for breakfast. the buffet was very good and the omelets were terrific. dinners were always good with a variety of choices. The only thing that could be improved was the desserts but it wasn't a big concern. Wine and beer was good and plentiful and they were happy to serve the wine you brought on board. The tours were very good and the cruise director added one in Budapest for those of us who didn't want to ride a bus(we walked and took public transportation--great!) We did the optional Mozart Concert in Vienna which was a really good choice. I can't way enough about the staff. They were fantastic. There aren't enough of them and they work extremely hard but they are truly wonderful.

A Wonderful Way to See Europe