• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

FB Cruiser
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Sep 2012
Cabin: Mid-Ship Inside

This was a late last minute booking for us. I had seen this cruise offered a couple of years ago, and filed it away. When I had to decide on a vacation with little time, I jumped at this. So glad I did.

This certainly isn't a cruise for first time cruisers. The ports are for those looking for something different,and understanding the possible weather in the north Atlantic in late September. That being said, in all the ports the weather cooperated. We had one rough day at sea, but again, to be expected this time of year in the north Atlantic.

As for the Sun. In a word wonderful. This is our fourth time on the ship, the first since the updating. The food has stepped up since our last cruise about two years ago. A great variety, especially with fish dishes, much appreciated. On our last cruise, we ate much of the time at the specialty restaurants because, to be blunt, the main restaurant's offerings were bland, not so this time. As is typical for NCL, the staff was excellent. In particular, the cruise directors staff. My stepson, who traveled with me needs extra attention. The staff recognized this, and went out of their way to make him feel welcome.

Mid-Ship Inside