• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2012
Cabin:

My fiance and I left from New Orleans (took the train from Memphis) on Sunday, 09/23/2012. Embarkation was surprisingly quick and smooth. Once aboard we did the usual walk around to check out the ship. This was our 3rd cruise, but our first on board the Conquest (Triumph the first two). We were very impressed with the ship; although 10 years old, she was in much better shape than the Triumph. We ate, wondered around some more, and at 1:30 we went to our room and found our luggage outside the door. This was our first interior room (8242) and we found it more than accommodating. At 4:45 the ship pulled out of New Orleans.

Let me say this: I have read a lot of negative reviews. It seems to me so many people nick pick on this board. Bottom line is this: We were on vacation, on a cruise ship, going to beautiful locations. We were waited on hand and foot, and the food was plentiful. We don't tend to complain about trivial things such as "bad spots in the carpet" or "the food was a bit too cold". Seriously, if these type of things bother you, then stay at home. We had a wonderful time.

Casey was our room steward, and was INCREDIBLY friendly and attentive. I cannot say enough good things about him and his staff.

Room 8242. Great room, no complaints other than perhaps you can make it so that the cabin doors don't slam shut. Heard a lot of that. Not that big of a deal though!

previous reviewnext review