3. Celebrity Century
We booked this trip a year in advance, treated ourselves to balcony and concierge class. We embarked with all the hope and excitement such a trip deserves, but that expectation was soon dashed when we entered our stateroom. The hall and the room reeked of smoke, both stale and fresh. Opening the balcony doors just seemed to make it worse. We spoke to Guest services even before our luggage was delivered, and they promised to deal with it after we set sail. I spent most nights with the sheet over my face to try and filter out the stench. We were the front cabin on the ship and smoke should not have been coming into the cabin. However it drifted in through the venting system and whenever the doors to the staff area and the control room opened. Daily requests to the sympathetic and polite Guest Relations staff resulted in only periodic breaks in the cycle. We rarely used the balcony, spent as little time as possible in the room. We were treated to champagne and a DVD as a pacifier, but the discomfort we experienced for 9 days will not soon be forgotten. On the plus side, Embarkation was smooth and fast, as was disembarkation. This was due partly to concierge class which had some priority. Our main concierge attendant was rarely seen. We had no towel animals (we have loved these on other cruises) The area around the bathroom sink stayed dirty until I cleaned it on the third day. Despite early requesting select dining and prepaying the gratuities, we had to eat at 6:00. This made the appetizers(paste on cucumber) which came to our room daily, unnecessary. Our table staff was superb! Avanash and Jule made our trip.They made us feel as if we were the most important folks on the ship. They were entertaining and competent. A birthday celebrated in Murano was delightful.The staff there was so professional. The food everywhere was very good to excellent. We also enjoyed the entertainment with a fine cast of energetic young people. Thanks to the Captain for the wonderful tour of Hubbard Glacier. Tours were very expensive and therefore we only took the train in Skagway. We missed some great scenery by traveling at night. In general, I found the Century tired and worn and I would not cruise on her again. The smoke issue makes me question Celebrity's status as a 4star line.

An expensive disappointment

Rates

Concierge Class
Cabin C2 1001
Century 1001
Terrible cabin, cigarette smoke filtered in from air system throughout 9 day trip. Apparently could not be fixed. Hall is stale. Room is small, but adequate for only two. Good shower, nice toiletries. It says concierge on door, but didn't see any evidence of it.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins