Carnival Sensation Cruise Review

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by terry5681

• Sail Date: Sep 2012
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

My niece was married on the ship before we set sail. The wedding was lovely & no detail was spared. The wedding took place in the Library & the reception was held in Michelangelo's Lounge. Both were decorated in in good taste. The minister was great along with the photographer, Avril. The food& drinks were delicious during the one hour reception and staff were very attentive.We were given ample opportunity to view the numerous pics that were taken for the Wedding!

The food was god at the Ecstasy dining room & Richard was most attentive to all our needs. We were 16 & could not seat together until the last night. I prefer your own time dining,but we ate at the 6pm seating.That worked well except when some of the group was late.They held up the second seating because we ran over.The staff was extremely accommodating, even the Matre D

My room was fine because I was by myself & had ample room & enjoyed the King Size Bed! My room adjoined my sister's room & another guest. It was convenient. Our steward, Yogi, was attentive, except when we ran late one day & did not get the room made up till night time. but that was okay.I do room service in the Am & except for a few mistakes, the food was fine.We enjoyed lunch at the Fantasy dining room, last day at sea! Buffet & deli was standard fare.

The casino was very smoky & that seems to be an ongoing occurrence with many of the Carnival Ships. Wish they would get some better ventilation for us, Non-Smokers!

The ship is dated & very mismatched in areas that were updated and had loud colors in some common areas-not my taste at all!

We all had a good time for such a short cruise & I received more perks than I expected for being VIFP!

terry5681's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8A M127

Too much Smoke in the Casino!! Needs a Ventilation System!

Tacky Mix of Colors in Some Common areas-the elevator & indoor Buffet areas!

Hand Sanitizers were empty in some dining areas!

terry5681