3. Disney Fantasy
This was our 5th Disney Cruise. I thought the new ship was great overall. It has pluses and minuses from the smaller ships. I think I will start off with some things that seemed off. I thought the Adult pool is better on the magic and wonder as it is more swim-able, the new pool is really too small and very crowded on sea days. I would also mention our cruise had less than 3000 passengers onboard and wasn't sold out so with some of the crowding I wonder what it would be like with 4000. The family and kid pools were always very crowded. Things that were just ok would be I really thought the aqua duck was fun on the first side the other was rather boring all in all it was fun but not worth waiting for more than 10-15 min. The satellite falls splash pool was nice but when the ship moves it is very whirlpool like. I think the new show Wishes was just ok, the musical numbers where fun but it didnt have a story really. they should just call it a review show. The greats for the cruise were The expanded rainforest spa area was excellent and had great views, much improved on over the inside one on the classic ships The firework show seemed larger and it was fun to see fireworks being fired from each of the funnels. On the upper deck we didn't notice any crowding issues. I think the food was improved from the other ships we have been on, things often were somewhat bland and not very spicy but the quality was great. Our service was speedy and much improved since our last cruise. All in all it was a great cruise. the only thing I would do differently next time is not book ahead of time like we did, the day after final payment we could have booked a nicer room for less.

Nice ship, high quality decor, rough sea days

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by toontoy

• Sail Date: September 2012
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Standard Inside Stateroom

I think I will start off with some things that seemed off.

The family and kid pools were always very crowded.

Things that were just ok would be

The greats for the cruise were

toontoy’s Full Rating Summary