We're just home from 10-day Baltic cruise on Marina. As experienced and seriously independent travellers this was our first cruise other than a Rhine River trip. Here are my thoughts based on a lot of questions I see on this board:
- The ship is fabulous. At 1200 pax it was just the right size.
- I didn't go on a cruise for on-board shopping (?), TV programing or live shows so I have no comment on those things.
The PH suite was wonderful in terms of size, amenities, personal space, bathroom size. The balcony size was terrific.
1. the shower head in the middle of the ceiling is awkward for tall ppl and for washing your hair.
2. the vanity with the magnifier mirror is a great idea but the design is flawed and unless you kneel on the floor you can't actually use the mirror.
3. It really is OK to leave a towel or face cloth for more than one use. I found the fresh towel every five seconds wasteful and kind of annoying - but I know that sounds silly.
Boring. Crappy weather. Not much to see. Could have been good for shopping except for lurking husband ... We had a nice lunch and went back to the ship.
Went solo with SPB booked online.
Nice, walkable city.
Really liked this town.
Fabulous art gallery.
Make sure you cross the river and go see the Nouveau Art architecture on Albert St - out of this world even if you aren't interested in architecture!
Take the boat to Rostock. Very nice.
Seas were too rough to land. Sea Day!
Took a private tour but the guide talked incessantly - boo!
Old Town is lovely but by this time we were getting kind of full up of old towns with similar architecture and stories.