3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
This was our 5th crossing on QM2...in a very spacious well maintained cabin. Probably our favorite cabin type afloat...boarding is always very well organized and efficient...luggage delivered promptly...then off to lunch...just a salad and soup...no taste! Our first dinner was very nice...things are looking up! but truth be told most of the food was mass market banquet quality..with some dishes at dinner so bad I could not eat it! When lobster was served had to ask for sauce...and lemon... on the alternative menu some items had to be ordered in advance and no escargot on the menu! The service seemed less that attentive...clearly a tired group...one breakfast our table mates had to ask several times for the some thing....one night our table mate was already eating when we arrived at table...when I asked him what he was having he told me they would not give him a steak...I insisted that he have a steak...which caused quite a fuss & did make not me very popular with the wait staff ...but how ridiculous was that..We might have to cross the QM2 off our ships we like...just because of the lousy food! The best part of the trip was using Smiths for airport service we found on cruise critic...both Simon's were excellent...pick-up at LHR into London and London down to Southampton....don't bother with anyone else!

Still a grear lady BUT Grille food simply aweful!

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by At sea days