Pride of America Cruise Review by James Coulton
- Sail Date: August 2012
- Destination: Hawaii
- Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony
Would we go again - sure would!
One disappointment was the "Little Italy" restaurant (on which there is a surcharge). Regretablly it was nowhere the standard of food or service that we had in other restaurants. It really did let the side down.
We have a couple of other comments:
1. We think the deck areas could do with some shaded areas (umbrellas?) There are very few spots where one can get a little shelter.
2. We found the sound levels of the live bands, particularly in the pool area to be far too loud and obtrusive. - to the extent that we sought out quieter places to relax. Maybe the performers need to accept (or be told) this is not a rock concert but more background entertainment.
3. We do wonder why it is necessary to have two separate security checks when returning aboard from shore - plus the ship's own scan of the ship card? It seems a bit of overkill. In general terms the private security guards , presumably employed by NCL, need a few skills in dealing with people in a pleasant manner.
These are minor points but attention to them would enhance the guest experience even more.
- Read more Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America Review
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Helicopter TourThis was our second time on this tour ... the volcanic activity was much quieter than in 1994 but it was a great experience.View All 22 Helicopter Tour Reviews
Waimea CanyonGood driver/guide, comfortable vehicle. Excellent experience.View All 96 Waimea Canyon Reviews
KonaReally enjoyed this port, the area has a lot to offer.View All 314 Kona Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Kona Cruise Port Review
MauiKahului. Cannot see the justification for a two-day stop here ... we stayed on board most the time.View All 494 Maui Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Maui Cruise Port Review