• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2012
Cabin:
Traveled with children

Embarkation The port at Seattle is nice and spacious. The lines were pretty quick and boarding was fast. We got to the port at around 11:15 and quickly got through check-in within about 10 minutes. There was a mix up because they had my mother in law as a first timer so they wouldn't give her the silver lanyard, etc. They did note it though and later when I was on the ship, I checked with guest services and they did have it updated (and gave her a silver lanyard).

I stood in the long line to get my son's wrist band. Minor annoyance here was that the forms to fill out for your child were on a table but there were only 2 pens because everyone stole the pens. I was waiting for this lady to finish up so that I can use the pen after her but of course...she ended up just walking off with the pen! Some people... They always seem to call my boarding number around the time that I get to the front of this long line and sure enough it happened again. I was boarding group 7 and they called 7 when I was about 2 people from the front so I just kept waiting in line. By the time my son got his wrist band, they were at group 12. They called groups quickly (every 3 minutes or so). Getting on the ship was nice as they continued with the traditional welcoming of each family.

First meal

Cabin 6A

6134 is a great cabin because you pay for a cat 7 but get a cat 6 room with a slightly obstructed view (part of the left side is covered). The obstruction didn't bother us and more than made up for having the plexiglass balcony. I would book this room again anytime.

Port Reviews

Skagway

I rented a minivan from Avis and drove to the Yukon territory. I used Murray's gude and it was awesome!

Ketchikan

Nice little town for shopping, watching the salmons, and walking on Creek St.

previous reviewnext review