• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2012
Cabin:
Traveled with children

Having been on five different cruise on Carnival and NCL my expectation of Disney were very high. I am happy to say - I was NOT let down. After day three my wife and I looked at each other and agreed this was one of the best cruises we had been on. On previous cruises we could find something to complain about - not on the DISNEY WONDER. We traveled with 17 family members, ages 4 - 75. And everyone without exception said how much they enjoyed the ship, the food, the port of call and of course the amazing staff.

TRANSPORTATION - We flew into Seattle from Southern CA. We used the transportation company that the hotel recommended and it worked out great. Since their were 17 of us, we had a large group, we reserved two of their vans. They took us from the airport to the hotel. Then on the day of the cruise we had two vans pick us up at the hotel and take us to the Pier. Then following the curise we had the same company send two vans to the Pier and take us back to SeaTac. Everything worked out great with the transportation.

HOTEL - We began our adventure to Alaska, and this was our second cruise there (first on Disney), by arriving a couple of days early to look around Seattle. We stayed at the Hampton Inn-Downtown Seattle. It is in a great location. We walked to the Space Needle. Took the monorail to downtown area and walked around PIKE PLACE. You have to visit TELLOW LEAF CUPCAKES if you ever find yourself in the area. The breakfast at the Hotel was very good and the rooms were clean and comfortable.

Port Reviews

Juneau

We did not do an "official" excursion in town as we could not decide. Part of our group did do the WHALE WATCHING excurison and saw a LOT of whales. They said it was a GREAT experience.

Since we were in Alaska, I made my family get on a shuttle and go out to MENDENHALL GLACIER. If you are in Alaska - you need to eat Salmon and you NEED to see a Glacier. We all enjoyed it. We even did the hike out to see a very large waterfall. Again, lots of pictures taken here.

Victoria

Victoria is beautiful period. Again we were not in port for a very long time so we hopped a bus to downtown and walked around taking pictures. I LOVE Canada and the whole Pacific Northwest. If I did not live in Southern CA I think I would live somewhere up there.

previous reviewnext review