• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

cruiserpupdog
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Aug 2012
Cabin: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Being a first time cruiser, my expectations were low and I was pleasantly surprised and had a very relaxing vacation. The cabin was nice and had much more room for storage than what I'd expected with large closets and a vanity with drawers/cabinets and good space in the bathroom for toiletries. Our favorite part was the balcony. Lots of room and quite nice to watch docking from. We enjoyed the food and the variety of guests on the ship with an extremely good meal at Chops.

We only had two disappointments -the entertainment was not exactly what we were looking for. The ship had great bands in the lobby/pool areas, but the main entertainment fell a bit short. We saw the dancing/singing "movies" show along with the Beatles and the acrobats and the only one we really enjoyed was the Beatles. Just not our style of entertainment. The other disappointments were the ports. Santorini and Turkey offered more to see, but Bari was a disappointment and I wished we'd just stayed on the ship that day and perhaps we should have researched excursions bit more in advance as we were looking for more active excursions and these were more relaxing islands- not a bad thing, just looking for a bit more variety to do. It seemed like the Europeans were looking for the beach/relaxation where the people who traveled much further were looking for the activities/history things to do.

I was surprised after losing my swimsuit in port on day that the ship had very limited shopping on-board.

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin D1

Port Reviews

Bari

Not much to see or do in this town. Had a bad lunch and got followed by a creepy guy!

Corfu

pretty town...lots of walking....a little too touristy.

Santorini

loved the town (how could you not)but it was super crowded as it was high season. be warned, you need to give yourself plenty of time to catch the cable car down as we had over a 45 minute wait to catch the tram back down at the end of the day.

Katakolon (Olympia)

Only one real option for an excursion. Shopping was good in town and walkable from the ship.

Find a Splendour of the Seas Cruise