Moderate cruise experience: Eurodam Cruise Review by jeroenk
Overall Member Rating
Moderate cruise experience
Destination: Baltic Sea
Unfortunately most of the extras that Maasdam had in those days were not on this Eurodam cruise. A few examples are:
- There was no Captains Toast, or a show were the captain and officers were introduced.
- No farewell dinner (Master Chefs Dinner)
- On the formal night there was hardly anything to do in the evening. Instead of a show there was a movie in the theatre.
- The evening show were actually very bad. Every day the same group of singers and dancers, that performed a production show that Dutch in general do not like.
- No chocolate extravaganza
- On Maasdam 2002 we had high tea every day. On this Eurodam voyage only once.
- The ship looked like a ghost ship in the evening hours. At about 10pm, the public areas in the ship were empty.
- Waiters were very hurried during More the Open Seating, serving the different courses very quickly, to make people leave very early. Dining should be a relaxing event.
- Public areas are very dark and almost empty in the evening. We are missing the cosy atmosphere that was on the Maasdam.
We sailed with HAL a few times more. Most of the points mentioned above were solved on the other ships. The entertainment however, on HAL ships is of very poor quality. Less