3. Jewel of the Seas
My husband had wanted to do this cruise for some time - with particular emphasis on the port of St Petersburg. What a joy it turned out to be. Copenhagen and it's canals and old buildings, Stockholm and the wonderful "Old Town", Tallinn - still retaining its history everywhere you look - quite a surprise and a most enjoyable day. Must say St Petersburg was not what we imagined, but perhaps we had expected too much - it is not as old a city as perhaps other Russian cities and this showed. Nevertheless - there was still some wonderful sights - Peter and Paul Cathedrals and the Church of Spilled Blood to name just a few. To the Jewel of the Seas - what a beautiful ship and a wonderful crew. From embarking to disembarking everything went, for us, like clockwork. On previous cruises we have had balcony cabins - for a change I booked us a mid-ship large Ocean-view on Deck 4 as I suffer a little seasickness and this cabin was perfect - no noise, minimal motion but now for our next cruise - inside or balcony? I need to mention something about Royal Caribbean's theatre productions that I have noticed - the costumes are magnificent and whoever is responsible for these is a genius. Considering that ships would be considered 'small' theatres I assume, they (a team?) continue to do a wonderful job. Can't wait for our next cruise - taking the family to the South Pacific (closer to home) for Christmas on a ten day cruise aboard the revamped Rhapsody of the Seas - can't wait, sailed aboard Rhapsody around New Zealand before her renewal, looking forward to the changes. As to Jewel of the Seas - closing in on her own revamp, but still a jewel!

Jewel of a Holiday

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Porky55

• Sail Date: July 2012
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean View Stateroom
As to Jewel of the Seas - closing in on her own revamp, but still a jewel!
Porky55’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Large Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin H 4046
Great cabin, quiet, very little motion felt, bathroom very adequate. Bed could have been more comfortable - bit hard. Plenty of storage space for a 12 day cruise.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins