Family included wife and 3 daughters. We chose this cruise because it left from NYC and stayed 3 days in Bermuda instead of hopping from place to place like the first cruise we took on Carnival. Highlights of the week include: - Staff, especially room stewards were extremely helpful and always pleasant. - Rooms were kept immaculate. - Food was phenomenal. Especially the Pinnacle. - Wait staff was attentive and polished. - Activities were enjoyable. Good for all ages. - We did not do any cruise excursions. We ventured out on our own and in Bermuda this is very easy to do. - Went to Horseshoe Bay, Snorkel Park and John Smith beach. John Smith beach had less than a dozen people there and the grill truck was superb. It rained for 30 mins but there were caves that kept us dry. - My wife and kids loved the cappuccino bar on deck 8. The girl who worked this bar made great drinks. - My kids loved the shows. Especially the Bob Macke musical. - My wife and I had an interior room on deck 4 which was well appointed. My daughters had a verandah room on deck 9 with a private balcony which was real nice. - They do push the photos but we opted to for a photo session in the Black Label studio. They were some of the best photos we've ever had done. - My daughter loved the chocolate chip cookies,soft serve ice cream and fresh squeezed orange juice. Cons include: - Not enough deck chairs. You have to hang around until one frees up and they go fast. - The pool was tiny. - The first 48 hours you can not serve yourself. Even for ice water. This was done for health reasons which we understood but seemed overzealous.

Excellent experience in Bermuda

Veendam Cruise Review by pacruiser1244

• Sail Date: August 2012
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Vista Suite with Verandah
Highlights of the week include:
- Staff, especially room stewards were extremely helpful and always pleasant.
- Rooms were kept immaculate.
- Food was phenomenal. Especially the Pinnacle.
- Wait staff was attentive and polished.
- Activities were enjoyable. Good for all ages.
- My kids loved the shows. Especially the Bob Macke musical.
Cons include: