3. Azamara Quest
We had 8 family members on this cruise ranging in age from 11-78. The ship is very comfortable and the crew was as friendly as a crew can be. We were a little concerned that the 4 kids (ages 11-15) would not have enough to do. While not perfect for them, it was OK. In total I saw about a dozen kids but only about half of them wanted to hang out with other kids. No real kid spaces, but the crew did a nice job of making sure they had a place where they could hang out and not bother others. That was it for the negatives. Everything else was fantastic. We had very high expectations and they were exceeded in every way. Simply fantastic. I recommend Azamara with no hesitation.Inverness/Invergordon There is nothing in Invergordon where the ship docks, so you need to take a tour of some kind. If you do, you won't be disappointed. We took a private tour with Gordon of WOW Scotland and were indeed wowed. Great tour guide, great scenery and lots of history. Loch Ness is very pretty, but the Culloden Battle Field and Museum were clearly the highlight. Kirkwall/Orkney Islands Beautiful stop. Skara Brae is the must see here. I have never seen anything quite like it, fascinating. Lots of other things to see as well, wonderful scenery. Portree/Isle of Skye My 11 year old daughter's favorite day. No big highlights, just fantastic scenery that never ends. Here we had a private tour with Donald from Toursbylocals.com Great guide, lots of fun. Scilly Islands No excursions were even offered here, but they weren't needed. It is a little like going to Martha's Vineyard except less crowded and prettier. My 13 year old's sons favorite stop. We bought a handline and some bait and walked about 20 minutes to a rocky point where we were able to do some fishing.Rouen We were in Rouen for 2 1/2 days. Hired a private guide from www.bestprivatetours.com for the two full days. We spent the first day touring the Normandy invasion sights. Words can't describe the emotional impact on all of us. Amazing. My 15 year old son's favorite day. The second day we took a whirlwind tour of Paris. Saw all the major sights, but didn't go deep into any of them. Wonderful day. My 12 year old daughter's favorite day. The last half day we took the Rouen Walking Tour offered by the ship. A very nice tour with about an hours freetime to explore and shop.

Exceeded expectations!

Azamara Quest Cruise Review by fourkidsinfamily

Kirkwall/Orkney Islands

Portree/Isle of Skye
Great guide, lots of fun.

Scilly Islands
fourkidsinfamily’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15

Like being on your own private yacht. Looking where you are going is much better than looking backwards or sideways. Great views every morning coming into different ports. Slight noise from the Cabaret, not a real problem as it is slight and shows don't run late. If you want to sleep late pick another room as anchoring/docking noise could wake you up.
  Azamara Quest Deck Plans