3. Carnival Glory
This was our 4th cruise on Carnival. We wanted to venture to a new destination other than the Bahamas, so we chose Canada. We live in North Carolina and prefer to drive to the ports, and found New York was similar driving distance for us as to Miami. We stayed in Lyndhurst NJ prior to the trip for a couple of days and explored New York City as part of our trip. The port in New York was fine. We arrived around noon and parked at the port. We moved through the usual lines without much trouble. I think from parking to getting onboard took about an hour and a half. Since we had explored NYC the day before, I felt comfortable with driving and finding the port. Of course there are tolls getting into the city. We went through the Lincoln tunnel at $12 each time into the city. We had connecting cabins, 1305/1309, with my husband and I in one and our 2 kids (14 and 11) in the other. As with all our cruises, the cabins were in great shape, clean, the room steward kept us in fresh towels and we had our wonderful towel animals with the turn down each night. One night we even had a monkey hanging from the lights, the kids loved that! We had the early seating in the Platinum dining room at a booth for 4. We found the service a little lacking so after 2 nights, my husband mentioned it to the maitre 'd and it improved dramatically - no issues after that. We ate breakfast in the dining room every day - wonderful! We went to the buffet twice for lunch. It was fine. The Chocolate buffet for dessert on the last sea day was really good! We went to one show. It was fine, but we aren't big on the shows anyway. My daughter enjoyed camp carnival. She loves to pick and choose the things she wants to do. This cruise was more about relaxing for us that doing shore excursions. We went into both ports (Saint John and Halifax), but just enjoyed walking around and shopping. Both cities are beautiful and we look forward to future trips back. Debarkation was a long wait as usual. We don't do self assist, and since we drove, we had a HIGH number - 32. It went from 1 - 35. They started self assist around 7AM and our number group 30 - 35 was called around 10:30. Not too bad really since they had to get 3500 people off the ship.

Carnival Glory 8/6/12 - 8/11/12

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by ly26

We went to one show. It was fine, but we aren't big on the shows anyway.

ly26’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15

Ocean View
Cabin 6B 1305
Nice location. Central to both the Amber Palace and the Platinum Dining room.
There was some noise from below occasionally, but not excessive.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins