3. Carnival Triumph
I have never posted a review, but because I come here to get them, I thought I would help out a future "cruiser". I will be to the point and not do a long day-by-day dissertation of our cruise. Basically we were a family of 4 (2 teenage boys 18 and 16,mom 40ish, dad 50ish) that traveled with another family with teenagers ( boy-14, girl-18, mom and dad 40ish). We are past Carnival guests and thought we knew what to expect. Of the 3 Carnival cruises we have taken, this ranks at the bottom, but not horrible. Good: -Embarkation easy and debarkation easy -Cozumel good, done it before and went to Paradise Beach again. Not crowded, good food and nice beach. -Cabins (adjoining) were clean ample size and storage was good. -Cabin stewards were friendly and efficient. -Shows were OK, Kids liked the comedians and karaoke. The magic show was the best. -The pizza and ice cream. Bad: -Progreso, Progreso, Progreso. Both families hated it. Carnival needs to take it off their itinerary. We will never go their again. Nothing but old, tired buildings. It is a fishing village, not a resort town. The vendors are pushy with their overpriced poor quality merchandise. We didn't go see the ruins because we didn't want to spend 3+ hours traveling round trip. Looking back, we should have gone in to Merida. -Most of the food was not as good as on past Carnival cruises. It was usually dry and salty. The lines in the buffets were long. -Mixed drinks were watery. Overall, it was an "o.k." cruise. We had a good time because we were traveling together and enjoyed and sun and rest. If you go, just don't put your expectations too high and it will be fine. Our best cruise was probably on the Carnival Conquest out of Galveston. Food was great, ports were fantastic, shows were good and there was nothing we didn't like.

Not Bad, But Been on Better

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Astrosmom

Good:

-Embarkation easy and debarkation easy
-Cabins (adjoining) were clean ample size and storage was good.
-Cabin stewards were friendly and efficient.
-The pizza and ice cream.

Bad:

-Mixed drinks were watery.

Astrosmom’s Full Rating Summary