3. Carnival Conquest
Carnival is a tacky mostly self service cruise line. Carnival's goals seems to be trying to squeeze in as many people as possible and get them to spend, spend, spend. After all, I really want to buy all my jewelry, art work, etc. on Carnival. The Conquest was not dirty, but it also was not looking what could be it's best. Not once was anyone in our party requested to use the hand sanitizers. In fact, we often found them to be empty or not functioning. Our muster drill was poorly done. No one took a head count and made sure that each passenger attended the drill. Those that did were talking on cell phones, smoking, enjoying drinks, etc. One man brought a hamburger with him. Lines are long and frequent. It's difficult to find quiet areas, loud music is constantly played. The food is dull and repetitive. The buffet serves overcooked food, much of which appears to be a concoction of leftovers. I did like the potato salad. The main dining rooms are over crowded and loud.....again you wait in lines if you choose anytime dining. Service varied and it was not unusual for one to receive their entree while the others waited several minutes to be served. If you asked for coffee with your desert, it usually never arrived. If you enjoy singing and dancing waiters, then you will love Carnival. For us it just added to the noise and confusion in the dining room. Ports were not a highlight. Cozumel was as it always is.....dirty and tired. Montego Bay was unsafe and a haven for those looking for drugs. Grand Cayman was lovely, but we arrived late and the wait for tenders was disorganized and long. Three Carnival ships were in port and it appeared that each ship was alloted two tenders. Room service was slow and we found the staff answering the phone to be somewhat rude. A good BLT arrived in 45 minutes with exactly 3 potato chips. Lots of children onboard and the majority were well behaved. Of course there were those that neither parents or staff paid any attention and made things miserable for others. Not really Carnival's fault. Our cabin was clean and reasonably comfortable. The steward was only seen once and did separate the beds for us..............but only after two requests and tip did he find the time. We love crusing, but not with Carnival. I was amazed when I realized that I was looking forward to the end of the cruise. This was our 5th cruise and looking back I find it was a waste of time and money. Next time, I'll cruise another line and pay more and hopefully get the service and relexation expected from a cruise.

Disappointing-You Get What You Pay For!

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by kcwingwalker

kcwingwalker’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Premium Balcony
Cabin 9B 1046
Our cabin was clean and reasonably quiet. Not sure why Carnival beds are supposed to be special, mine was just average.
Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins