The New Carnival Dream class is a Nighmare: Carnival Dream Cruise Review by waltermb
Overall Member Rating
The New Carnival Dream class is a Nighmare
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
to be honest the room was a key reason i stayed with carnival for 3rd in a row-and assumed the Dream would only be an enhanced Valor type class of ship despite its larger size--but was i wrong. My mother after 40 cruises said she would never be on another carnival cruise ever, as did the other of our 4 person party. age More was 21 to 88 so age not the issue. So why so awful--
1. The food quality on valor class i felt for well less than celebrity pricing was very good--not at the quality of very high end lines, but very good. Dream food was not only awful across the board but service the worst i have had on any ship. first night the dining room was i would guess 50 degree and even after complaining to management wasn't dealt with to the final night. every one in the area had to wear coats or heavy sweaters all week. service issue was my guess due to radical understaffed crew--our waiter had 10 tables and at time no backup. water never filled -coffee not offered. 2nd night 45 minutes till appetizer arrives -one hour and 15 minutes until main course, and even one course forgotten to be served. last day open seating main breakfast course not even served. food often ice cold, and quality awful. every night in dining they have for some reason a need to have the waiters dance--to way loud music--just no class at all. All was reported to management and nothing done
2. would you believe on this huge ship, not a single interior room for quiet reading that exists on all their other ships--
3. room---parents room in a suite--their top rooms--sheets stained at arrival and even after calling management, speaking to the porter twice wasn't taken care of. just didn't seem to be attention to detail in room cleaning and care--likely due to size of ship and perhaps carnival not used to 20% increase in this ship size vs others.
4. entertainment--not remotely close to even the other ships, almost no activities and in evening repeats of same programs--either floor show or comedy-and i was shocked nothing else planned
5. buffets---on valor class ships--just superior quality. on Dream, very poor quality, and they even kept them open much shorter time periods. seemed they were more closed than open. considering 3600 people on ship--specialty food areas were literally never available--long lines and should have used the space to add other alternatives---but sad part was quality--just not acceptable
So as a first time review from a long term cruiser just felt i should advise others that this is no Dream ship, by far the worst ship of any line and a 75% average review level here is at least 50% too high. I was really embarrassed by suggesting this ship to my family due to port location not expecting a great experience--but for sure not this level of total failure by a line i thought had really shifted the game on their valor class of ships--well they really have failed on the Dream Less
Cabin review: 117371
the suites on carnival have been great and even on dream except for service issue i would recommend. especially due to the fact it gives you Vip instant boarding
Great Ship and Crew
They thought of everything
First Time Cruising Family had...
Carnival Dream - July 2017 Wes...
1st time cruiser on Carnival a...
Newer ship, good secondary foo...