3. Disney Magic
Two years ago we took a cruise to the Mediterranean in April 2010 on the same ship, the Disney Magic, and were pleasantly surprised at how well our allergies were taken into consideration. (I'm celiac & my husband is allergic to milk. We joke we're Jack Sprat and his wife.) However, in those 2 years, things have changed. The only place to get allergy free food when dining rooms are not open is now room service. And room service took an hour or more to deliver _and_ would only deliver to your room, so you had to sit and wait getting more hungry. Eventually, I decided it was easier to starve. I actually _lost_ four pounds on this cruise. How wrong is that? Secondly, we were not particularly impressed by the food at meal times. Unlike our last cruise, the chefs didn't bother to tell us when they couldn't do our choice. They just sent out something else, which was not always something we liked. The staff of the Disney Magic was superb and did the best they could under the circumstances. We had an unrelated problem with our room (the air conditioner wasn't working and the whole room smelled of locker room) and the staff was absolutely fabulous with their response, giving us another room that was HUGE. However, it seemed like they were laboring under institutional changes that made their ability to respond to our food needs harder, if not impossible. We sent a longer version of this review to the Disney cruise line and got back a "kiss off" form letter. Feeding an food allergy sufferers is not easy, we know. But, for the love of god, try some other cruise because Disney Cruise line has decided that they're not going to try to feed us anymore. Otherwise, the ship dearly needs to be refitted as it is rather run down. The staff were great and the ports were fun. However, I was so hungry that it was hard to enjoy it all. Moreover, the spa, while nice, seems to have gotten frenetic in trying to sell more services. Very, very expensive services with a 500% markup... Overall, we're not cruising with Disney again for a long time. Too bad as our first cruise was wonderful.

If you have food allergies, Stay Away from Disney Cruising!

Disney Magic Cruise Review by celiacchic