• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Disney Magic Review

Editor Rating
20 Awards

If you have food allergies, Stay Away from Disney Cruising!

Review for Disney Magic to Canada & New England
celiacchic
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jul 2012
Cabin: Standard Inside Stateroom

Two years ago we took a cruise to the Mediterranean in April 2010 on the same ship, the Disney Magic, and were pleasantly surprised at how well our allergies were taken into consideration. (I'm celiac & my husband is allergic to milk. We joke we're Jack Sprat and his wife.)

However, in those 2 years, things have changed. The only place to get allergy free food when dining rooms are not open is now room service. And room service took an hour or more to deliver _and_ would only deliver to your room, so you had to sit and wait getting more hungry. Eventually, I decided it was easier to starve. I actually _lost_ four pounds on this cruise. How wrong is that?

Secondly, we were not particularly impressed by the food at meal times. Unlike our last cruise, the chefs didn't bother to tell us when they couldn't do our choice. They just sent out something else, which was not always something we liked.

Standard Inside Stateroom

Port Reviews

Halifax

Halifax is absolutely charming. Lots of stuff to do, but not too much. We were able to do all of it in one day and had a lot of fun doing it.

1 Helpful Vote