Fabulous Cruise: Norwegian Star Cruise Review by BostonGal35
Overall Member Rating
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
2. Lots of kids, but more teens than ankle biters. Shocked that parents kept the little ones up so late - 2 girls got kicked out (rightfully so!) from the Spinnaker lounge as it was clearly signed and voiced that it was an 18+ event. It was 11:30 pm and these girls were probably 5 and 9. Get a clue, parents. NOt sure why they advertise that kids under i think 3 eat for free at the surcharge restaurants - again, saw many little ones there even at seatings as late as 9pm that really had no business being there.
3. Everything youve read abotu the pool is true. WAY TOO SMALL and impossible to get More chairs. HOWever, we always found spots in the Bier Garten which was a great hangout for us to enjoy some buckets. Finally used the pool on the last day in port as we came back to teh ship early (noon) to ensure we would not miss departure (we opted to explore the island on our own).
4. Get a 3-day bus pass and see the sights on your own. Public transport is very easy,. Dont waste your money on the excursions! If you do your research, its simple to figure out and you can maximize your time on the island. A 3-day pass costs $28 - the excursion to Horseshoe Bay was i think $29. For $28 you can get yourself there all three days if you like. Passes can be purchased right outside the ship in the HEritage Wharf building.
5. Shows were all good, btu the times suck. The shows are all at 7:30 or 9:30 - so you basically have to eat at 5 if you want to make the 7:30 or eat at 630-700 to make the 930. It would make more sense to have maybe a 6pm show and a 10pm show. Everything seemed to fall during prime dinner hours. But again, once you knew this, you could plan accordingly. You get a weeks' snapshot of events at embarkation - this was very helpful as it allowed us to rearranged some of our reserved dinners as soon as we got on board. If you want to eat at Teppanyaki, beeline for the restaurant reservations desk as soon as you board. It does fill up, and it is worth it.
6. Did the walk off at disembarkation which was easy, but a lot of walking in terms of how they loop you around the ship. That said, tho, we were off the ship by 8:45 am.
7. Staff was some of the hardest working people ive ever met. It pained me to see some guests not treating them well. We were happy with the service we received everywhere. Some of our lazy, entitled American youth should really take a lesson from these people.
8. Cruise takes 2 full days at sea to get there, yet only one sea day to return home. Obviously, they want you on ship to spend money, but the extra day in Bermuda would be nice. 3 days isnt enough to see everything (but you can see quite a bit if you plan accordingly).
Overall, a great cruise for the price. Id do it again. Less
First Cruise - Bucket List
Nice itinerary for relaxation
3rd Celebrity cruise and this ...
A good itinerary, the cruise l...
First time Mediterranean cruis...
Poor Guest Services and Websit...