3. Oasis of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas was amazing. We flew into Ft. Lauderdale the day of the cruise. We arrived at the pier 1:30 p.m. and we were on the ship in ten minutes. Never have we experienced such a smooth entry onto a ship. When we walked into the ship, we could not believe our eyes. It was amazing. We were hungry and decided to get something to eat. We were on our way to the Windjammer when a crew member suggested that we go to the Central Park Cafe instead (I'm thinking that he wanted to keep the Windjammer not so crowded) The Central Park Cafe was very nice, food o.k. Not that impressed so far but, it was o.k. We then found our room. Very clean. Small balcony. Room appeared small. Room was hot, we were told by our room attendent that we had to have the "master switch" on the " on " position and that we could not open our balcony door and leave it unlocked if we wanted air conditioning. Strange, not impressed at this time. We went to the main dining room for dinner that night, food was o.k......there were people everywhere and thought is was (again) o.k. Next day, Nassau....never left the ship as we have been there many times and we were not in port very long. Very nice having the ship almost to ourselves. Very nice day. Our trip went uphill from here. Service was great. Cruise director was great. Again, service was great. Although there were ove 6,000 people on the ship, you never knew it. Never crowded. Casino was very large. Food was very good. Shows were excellent. Loved them all. Made reservations ahead of time on line....Truely, I can think of very little to complain about regarding this vacation Maybe the fact that the free orange juice was a little better than "Tang" (do they still sell that stuff anywhere?) Drinks are expensive and boy do they push them. That gets on your nerves. We never ate at a pay place, but I understand that they were very good. Why pay for food when you have paid for the cruise? I think that it is a shame that all the cruise lines have started this practice. Ports of call were nice. We have been to St. Thomase and St.Martin in the past, so nothing new to experience. However, the ship itself if enough. Very wonderful experience and I would do it again. Leaving the ship took all of 30 minutes. Hated to leave....Wish we had booked back to back cruises......Really...loved the cru ise. Anywone that did not, I do not understand.......Glad that I am not them....How could anyone not love this ship, the crew, the food, the entertainment...the entire experience, I will never understand.

Great cruise