3. Carnival Imagination
We embarked at the Port of Miami form our drive from Michigan on Monday. I stopped, dropped off the luggage, along with my wife and kids, then parked the van. Parking in the garage was $11.00 per day, cash only. After I parked I walked to the terminal and found my family then went through security and waited to get our sign and sail cards. This time went by rather quickly and found ourselves on board within an hour. We located our room and then went exploring. The kids were amazed they had elevators on the ship, which they stayed in and rode for a while. After gathering everybody we had lunch, ice cream, and pizza. My wife and I got the "Drink of the Day" and headed to the bow to watch Miami fade away. We had 2 rooms across from each other, our kids in an inside cabin and my wife and I with an oceanview room. We found the room to be quite roomy with plenty of room for our things. We did not take along the zillion of things people suggest to take and didn't find ourselves in need. The bathrooms were large enough and the shower was quite roomy with great water pressure and hot water. Tuesday was a day at sea. We enjoyed breakfast out in the open on the aft of the ship, after that we changed into our suits and headed for the Lido deck. We had no problems getting lounge chairs and enjoying the tropical air. The kids had a great time on the waterslide and quickly made friends. My kids, 8,10,13 and 17 did not opt for Camp Carnival, and had a great time. Wednesday our port of call was Grand Cayman. We booked online with Soto. We found tendering off the ship very easy and had no problem getting to our meeting spot. After a short ride we got on the boat, along with about 12-15 others and headed out for snorkeling and to swim with the stingrays. The seas were a bit choppy but we had an awesome time. Then it was back to the ship for a late lunch on the Lido. The kids loved the hamburger and french fries anytime they wanted. It was very relaxing not worrying about where to eat, my 3 boys could have eaten their weight in food. Thursday we stopped in Ocho Rios. We opted not to do any excursions and decided we'd just hang out on the beach. A short walk from the ship to a private like beach where we paid for a package that allowed the kids to use kayaks, and snorkeling gear. We had a great time just relaxing and enjoying the water. Friday, another day at sea. More of the great atmosphere. Saturday, Christmas morning, and disembarkation. We set out luggage out the night before, and in the morning made sure we had everything packed the it was off to breakfast. I tell you that it didn't bother me one bit to see the kids have ice cream for breakfast dessert. After breakfast we gathered our things and waited for our color to be called. This was a sad time because we new our vacation was about to end, but we waited and left the ship with wonderful memories. No problems at all. Just a few things I'd like to add. Many people with kids opted not to go to the formal dinners, our family had a blast getting all dressed up and trying different things to eat. The dinners were great, if you're a working class family you'll love the attention. Don't be afraid of all the stuff you read, your vacation is what you make of it and we made a great one. I read a lot of info on a lot of boards and come to find out a cruise is the best way to do a vacation. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Carnival Imagination - Western Caribbean