3. Rhapsody of the Seas
We travelled on the Rhapsody of the Seas in January 2012 from Sydney to Noumea, Mystery Island, Port Villa, Isle of Pines and Lifou. There were 7 of us, myself and Husband (mid 40s) twin boy and girl both aged 10, son 19, daughter 16, and friend 18. We had 2 rooms, small but comfortable. The guy that looked after our room who's name I still can not pronounce was nothing short of amazing, in our room twice a day and kept it wonderfully tidy (a near impossibility with teens and pre teens). The dining room experience was wonderful, we had the same waiters for the whole cruise who remembered our names and what we preferred. The head waiter also arranged from the 3rd seating to have the 10 year olds entrees ready within 5 minutes of arriving for all future dinners. My youngest daughter one night had a spontaneous nose bleed, and the head waiter moved so fast to assist and arrange ice. Later in the evening he also treated her to some magic tricks. The towel animals in our rooms at night were one of the highlights for the all of the kids, the youngest sneaking away from dinner every night just to be the first to see what we had this time and to take the first photo. Couldn't fault the service. The only pitfall of the trip was that the 19 year old used the on board ATM machine and no money came out. The first person he spoke to at the pursers desk was of no use or help at all, telling him he had to sort it out with his bank as the ATM is not their machine. Returning later and speaking to someone else, he received excellent service, they emailed the ATM company and allowed him a free call to his bank to confirm that the money had left the account. The entertainment was superb, loved all of the productions and the movies in the theatre. I was extremely impressed that we had a Starbucks on board. Can't wait to do another cruise. My favourite islands were Mystery Island and Isle of Pines. The kids loved the kids club, coming and going as they pleased as they were the right age to sign themselves in and out (after our initial approval).

First ever cruise

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by urshway

• Sail Date: January 2012
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Large Interior Stateroom
Couldn't fault the service.
Can't wait to do another cruise.
My favourite islands were Mystery Island and Isle of Pines.
urshway’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 16+

Large Interior Stateroom
Cabin K
Small cabins but comfortable.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins