3. Carnival Pride
Ok.... I have been a "reader" here trying to get tips and such for all my cruises. It is always very helpful. So I wanted to do the same for my fellow cruisers. no more on the sidelines for me. First off, I didn't start out booked on the Pride. I started out on the Fascination but we decided that we wanted to go ahead and take a 7 instead. After some doing, we got one of the last balconies left for this sailing because we changed our mind with less than two weeks to sail date... I'll save all those nasty details and get down to brass tacks: 7 day 8J ext balcony ... 5124.. if you are a light sleeper I would not recommend this room... it is towards the front of the ship right above the Taj Mahal theatre. Some nights it did get quite loud. Pro of having this location is that the elevators right outside the room came out at the pool, if you went down it was right by the entrance for all the shows... Con: long way away from the rest of activities. All that walking will make you think you are removed from the party. Next thing wasn't too bad.. this room is an adjoining room... If you aren't traveling with family next door... avoid this room. I had to hear the back and forth of the kids and the moms fussing etc because our room was mistakenly booked to us instead of the families that thought they were going to be adjoined... Not too bad but still. Room was spacious enough and had plenty of closet space. The food really did leave something to be desired. I read several reviews and went in with mixed feelings. I found the same menu everyday pretty boring. I had been spoiled by the different things to eat on the Conquest and was really disappointed that there was no fish and chips on the Pride. Favorite thing on Conquest hands down. I'll just leave it at not up to par with other Carnival ships. Favorite thing of all .. Big D . Period. He was one of the Djs that worked the Lido deck and the Nightclub spot Beauties. flat out loved him! He was the highlight of our cruise. Jamie and Gumbie come in a very close second. But that about wraps up the memorable for us... but just our opinion. The timing of this trip might have something to do with the excessive amount of children on this ship. We have always sailed in September so children are in school so there are not as many. This trip seemed to be nothing but kids. Not saying there's anything wrong with kids.. just more than I'm used to seeing... usually you see them the first day and they magically disappear To Camp Carnival. Not so on this one. Family oriented for sure.

Pride? Are you sure??

chelle_in_tn’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Extended Balcony
Cabin 8J 5214
directly above the show room... would not advise for light sleepers
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Atlantis
    Atlantis is amazing. Carnival does not want you to know that you can go to the Atlantis beach for free... that all day Atlantis excursion is a lot to cram into your few hours there but totally worth it that place is amazing and there's so much to do. Must for water park fans and even just to appreciate the whole feel and essence of this place..

And make sure to taxi over to the Fish Fry and see Frankie a most gracious host with some killer drinks and very reasonable prices compared to lots of spots. It is just a few minutes from "downtown" just tell the taxi driver to take you to fish fry and get out at Frankie's .First spot on the row.. well worth checking out.
    View All 204 Atlantis Reviews
  • Port Canaveral (Orlando)
    i didn't leave the boat... it was pouring and I didn't want to spend 189 dollars to see Mickey in the deluge. Orlando is almost an hour from where you dock and the excursions are outrageous. we had a nice relaxing day on the ship
    View All 1,874 Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Reviews